Ogden Nature Center is offering exciting Summer Camp opportunities! Please click on the link below for details!
After School Clubs begin TODAY, February 15, Riverdale will have spring after-school enrichment clubs that meet every Thursday from 3:15PM-4:00PM and ending Thursday, March 29. Clubs are free and materials will be provided by the school. We use a first-come-first-served ONLINE system to sign-up for the clubs. No paper copies will be accepted-ONLINE sign-up only; parents may use the school’s computers to sign student(s) up. Class sizes are limited and they will fill up quickly. Students need to attend each session and follow school/club rules. Siblings of club students who are not in a club must leave school grounds at the regular dismissal time. Students will need to be picked up promptly in the lower parking lot at 4PM. *There is no late bus pick-up for students attending clubs; please make arrangements for your child(ren) attending clubs.
Descriptions of the Winter Clubs, including grade levels and spaces available, are on the back. We look forward to seeing you at the 2018 Winter Clubs!
CLUBS for WINTER 2018
Coding Club with Mrs. Cox in room 101 Grades: 1
- We will learn to do coding on the computer. (8 spaces)
Geography Club with Ms. James in room 202 Grades: 1, 2
- Come and explore the world through Geography Club! Learn about continents, oceans, and countries around the world. Each week, we will focus on a different part of the world and explore the culture, landmarks, and fascinating facts about the region. No geography experience needed! (20 spaces)
P.E. Club with Mrs. Smith in the Cafeteria Grades: 3, 4, 5
- We will be playing our favorite P.E. games. (30 spaces)
Scrapin' memories with Mrs. Johnson in the Library Grades: 3, 4, 5, 6
- Come and scrapbook your school memories, family memories, or just to have fun creating cool pages. (25 spaces)
Sewing Club with Mrs. Palmer in Portable Grades: 4, 5
- Learn to make three basic items that you can use everyday. Lots of fun to learn to use the sewing machines and how to make your own stuff. (10 spaces)
STEM Club with Mrs. Lockwood in Portable Grades: 4, 5, 6
- Come build your knowledge of science, technology, engineering, and math in fun and exciting ways. (20 spaces)
Music 101 with Mrs. VandenBosch in Portable Grades: 4, 5, 6
- Come and learn the basics of music! We will spend time playing ukuleles, recorders, boom-whackers, and percussion instruments. Learning how to read music. Exploring the different types of instruments and their families. And different music styles from around the world. We will also make our own instruments to play! So come join we would love to have you! (15 spaces)
Disc Golf Putting Clinic with Mr. Ivey in room Grades: 5, 6
- Including an introduction to disc sports, we will learn about the different styles of putting in disc golf along with practicing correct technique. This club will (hopefully) continue in the Spring when we will be able to go outside more consistently and practice driving and mid-range throws. (15 spaces)
Dear Riverdale Parents:
In an effort to address an excessive absenteeism and tardiness problem we are experiencing at Riverdale Elementary, we are kicking off the month of February with a FOCUS on GREAT ATTENDANCE, BEING ON-TIME each day for school and NO EARLY CHECK-OUTS! Our goal is for 95% for the month of February!
We realize there are “excused” situations including medical, dental, orthodontic, eye appointments and verified illnesses, which we will take into consideration.
Please help us by encouraging your student/s to get involved in this effort! We will be having a special activity in March, for those who maintain or exceed this goal!
Riverdale Faculty and Staff