In Attendance: Shannon Sanders, Liz Staten, Katie Cole, Tanya Tremea, Melanie Johnson, Melissa Dye, Kelly Bartlett and 18 Faculty members
1. Next year funding: The group discussed how to use the Trustland money for Riverdale Elementary. Ideas included Aides, STEM, Professional Development, Instructional Coach, Utah Flag, Student Computers and headphones, online programs and after school tutoring.
The group voted for Instructional Aides (25 votes), Computers (15 votes), STEM materials (15 votes) and Professional Development for teachers (15 votes).
There is a question about computers as the Utah Legislature passed a law stating computers are on a one-to-one usage with a two year rollout. So, do we pay for a four-year lease or do we use the money for something else?
2. Reading and Math growth: Discussion of the DIBELS and ALEKS progression throughout the school. Parents love the Eureka math. Parents commented on how impressed they are of the math understanding they see from their students.
3. Building construction: New paint and carpet to update our school. We appreciate the District helping make our school look great!
4. Degrees: Students are working hard earning degrees. When they reach their degree, a badge is given to them and they attend a fun activity. As of today, 326 children have earned their Associate Degree, 183 Bachelor Degree and many are working on the Master Degree. We will continue the degrees next year.
5. Other items: None at this time.